Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chalk Paint® decorative paint is the best paint in the world

Chalk Paint® decorative paint by the amazing Annie Sloan is the best paint in the world.  Why, you ask?  Sit down and grab a cup of tea, I have so much to tell you.  Here are a few reasons why I believe it and am shouting it to you all from 35,000 feet in the air (hooray for in flight wi-fi!):

We have Annie.  For those of you who haven't had the pleasure of meeting Annie, she's amazing, kind, humble, unassuming and the creator of the amazing Chalk Paint® decorative paint.  Here is a link to her site if you want to learn a little more about her.  This is me meeting Annie for the first time in England last September in Oxford, England!

- Chalk Paint® has been around for over 22 years.  The paint, the wax, the Annie!  Annie created Chalk Paint® and it has withstood the test of time.  It's a symbiotic product that can be layered on one coat at a time almost always without the need to sand.  NO MORE STINKY PRIMER!  It goes on furniture, floors, walls, metal, wood, you name it...with ease!  Why NOT Chalk Paint®?!


Me with our educator, Barb Skivington
High Point, NC August 28, 2012
- When you take a workshop, you aren't just learning from someone who sells Chalk Paint®, you learn from a stockist who has been TRAINED by a certified stockist within the Chalk Paint® family.  Early Sunday morning, I hopped on a plane bound for Greensboro, North Carolina by way of Atlanta to attend our Chalk Paint® certified stockist trainer session for two days.  Every Chalk Paint® retailer goes through an amazing two day course to learn everything they need to know about the paint.  How many paint distributors do that??  There is a great amount of effort that goes into ensuring that our retailers are well versed in Annie's full line of products.

I even had the pleasure of meeting this amazing girl, Christie Carter, from Carter's Cottage.  She is a stockist from De Kalb, Illinois.  It was an eventful start to my week.  I have backed up paint deliveries to make this week and some pieces of furniture to paint and Chrissy has some surprises in the Eco Chic warehouse for me to check out once I get back home!

And now that I have eaten two $7.50 box lunches on this flight after racing from Atlanta's terminal D to terminal A in under 10 minutes flat between flights, I'm signing off.  I was starving, don't judge.  For $15, I ate 1 bag of roasted almonds, 1 sliver of smoked gouda, 4 crackers, 1 sliver of cheddar, 1 sliver of brie, 2 Twizzlers, 2 Oreos, some grapes, a few apple slices, 2 bites of a low carb bar (that WAS in the same box as the Oreos, go figure), 8 nachos with mild salsa, and a Coca Cola.  I call that an in flight buffet!



But WAIT!  I almost forgot this...

ANNIE SLOAN 
FABRICS 
are
coming
in a few weeks!!







1 comment:

  1. Girl, I love you. Really. You're awesome. Annie is awesome. I'm grateful to call you both "friend"...and don't even get me started on the paint and wax...you know how we feel about THAT! Truly, there is no comparison, and I would know, as I've tried them all. Have a great class, and enjoy your flight home! Hugs, M~

    ReplyDelete