I stole this quote from my wonderful Annie Sloan Chalk Paint stockist, Vicki Shoemaker of 3 Oaks Studio! "Do what you love and love what you do." Why do I love what I do? Let me count the ways:
1. I get to work in my pajamas.
2. I can make my own hours. While I realize I can do this, I've also recognized lately that I've been burning the candle at both ends and in between. Forgive me, family, I'm working on this.
3. I meet the MOST amazing and FANTASTICALLY (is that a word?) creative people. Yesterday, an artist from St. Helena called me asking me about my paint as he's going to "cottage" up some walls with it and plaster. And, I was SO intrigued, I may need to do my own set of sample boards. When I asked if he was a plaster or painting contractor, he replied, "Neither, I like to blaze trails." DUDE, me, TOO! (I am NOT affiliated with this guy, in case you are wondering...I'm a law abiding licensed painting contractor and would never suggest using anyone who isn't in your home. But, I still think he has a cool factor.)
4. The customers I've worked for in the past two months have touched my life. They remind me to laugh, to appreciate creativity, to slow down and enjoy the good things in life and most of all, one special customer of mine encourages me, tells me I'm going to do big things, and believes in me and that inspires me so much.
5. I get to make my kids' lunch. Sometimes that involves opening up a can of Spaghettios...don't be a hater, it happens and if you don't buy that junk for your kids, you are missing out on a meal that takes exactly 1 minute 30 seconds from the time you open the can, pour in a bowl, microwave (OH, the HORROR!) and serve with a smile. And, it has vitamins (even if they are the fake kind).
6. I get to paint with the most amazing paint on earth...Annie Sloan Chalk Paint! If you've never heard of it, get out from under your rock! I no longer spend oodles of cash on primer and TSP, not to mention countless hours of priming (GAH...that stuff stinks...and I'm talkin' ODOR, people). ASCP is forgiving, if you drip, it sands right out. No brush strokes. Beginners can use it, just ask my 15 year old apprentice painter. She'll have HER contractor's license in 8 years! (probably not, but a girl can dream, right?). I get to paint with something that doesn't have any odor, dries fast, and makes my life super happy!
7. I get to take my three kids, each with a friend, to the beach tomorrow. On a Thursday. Because I can!
8. My garage is full of treasures. Things to paint, things painted, vintage finds, etc. My husband can no longer park his convertible in our 3 car garage. I don't THINK he's visited a divorce attorney yet, but it's not a source of happiness like it is for me!
9. Ohhhhhh...one more. I don't spend any money on manicures. I already have plenty of Graphite, Primer Red, Antibes Green (just to mention my work from today) stuck in my cuticles. Why bother?
And now...for what you've all been waiting for. It's a giveaway!!!!!!!!!
We all love giveaways. I'm giving away THREE (you READ that right, THREE!) Annie Sloan Chalk Paint Samples in the colors of your choice, shipped to you for free (no gimmicks here!) Each item below gives you (1) entry into the contest and the winner will be chosen randomly. All you have to do is:
1. Like Patina Decorative Finishes on Facebook
2. Become a Follower of my Blog
3. Repost this contest on your Facebook wall
4. Repost this contest on your blog
HURRY...contest ends on Friday, August 12th at midnight Cali time!
Leave me a comment here on what your favorite Annie Sloan Chalk Paint color is! :-) (I'll throw in another entry cuz I'm nice like that!)